Nowadays, the competition is no longer in the streets but is found in this little thing we call the internet. Everyone has been swept away in the digital age that it just takes a few keys and clicks to get what you want. So why not bring your business to this arena?
This is why creating a Google My Business listing is important. It makes you reachable and accessible, not to mention it gets your branding out there. But considering the fact you are not the only one thinking about this strategy, how will you manage to stand out?
Google Maps 3 Pack and SEO
The first thing you need to do is try to gauge the competition. Try searching for businesses on the web. What do you see? That’s right, three businesses pop in front of you, which we call the “Google Maps 3 Pack.”
What’s so important about it, you ask? It’s a certified gold mine to getting more consumers! Similar to landing at the top part of the SERPs, becoming part of the Google Maps 3 Pack increases your chances of drawing in potential customers. This is why businesses fight over these spots.
So how do you get your business to be a part of these illustrious three? Some of the factors that you need to consider are the following:
- Optimised pages
- Number of reviews
- Websites linking to you
As you can see, SEO still plays a major part. Other than that, here are ways to optimise your Google My Business listing.
Steps in Optimising Your Google My Business Listing
- Complete Business Information
- This is important because it’s the first thing people will see. Make sure to include your logo, business name and anything else to help you along such as menus if you are a restaurant. If you can include more details such as times of availability, the better.
- Add Your NAP (name, address, phone) to the Website
- While you are creating a website for your business, you also need to include a bit of your personal information. This is particularly helpful for those who run a couple of businesses and websites as they have one similar factor, and that’s you.
- Pictures Sell
- It goes without saying, but a picture says more than words. If your customers see the location and what you are offering, it stimulates their imagination more and prompts them to click the link.
- Include Categories
- By adding categories, you get to narrow down further on your target market. You don’t want to be swept under the rubble because you missed this step, and you want to be searchable by those looking for your business.
- Reviews Increase Credibility
- You know what they say, word of mouth from previous customers goes a long way. It is a far more effective marketing tool than any other promotion you have, so get those great reviews under your belt!
- Keep your Posts Current
- A lot of people don’t realise there is a new feature for these listings and it’s a post that helps you showcase any promotions or company news you may have. These expire after one week so make sure you log in each week to check and update.
Of course, this isn’t done overnight and keeping this listing optimised takes some time and effort. It requires patience and hard work. If you need help in optimising your Google My Business listing, we are definitely willing to lend a hand. One of our most popular services is keeping our client’s listings updated.